Download AudSim Basic + Masking
AudSim Basic -
Our Windows(tm) based Audiometer Simulator software emulates a diagnostic
audiometer for unmasked pure tone air and bone conduction testing
AuDSim + Extends the basic module to provide
- Appropriate for basic audiology classes.
- Students find thresholds of simulated patients.
- "Hand-holding" mode directs first-time users
through the steps in obtaining thresholds. On-screen messages emulate the
guidance a supervisor would provide. Help screens also available.
- Software controls patient reliability. Response times
are variable and longer near threshold, making "patients"
- Same "patient" can be tested any number of
times for practice, and students can view actual patient thresholds.
- Test mode printout documents student's obtained
thresholds and "patient's" actual thresholds; can be submitted to
verify homework completion.
- Masking cases, from simple to masking dilemmas, are
- In practice mode, on-screen messages "coach"
the student on whether the tone is heard in the test or non-test ear, and
whether masking is properly elevating non-test ear threshold.
- "Masking Head" diagram shows the student what
the signal and masking levels are for that patient while testing. The signal
and masking levels are shown, as well as the levels at each ear's cochlea.
Interaural attenuation, occlusion effect and central masking effects are shown.
This diagram also makes a good in-class teaching tool if computer screen
projection facilities exist.
- Test mode eliminates all coaching. Printouts of results
can document homework completion.